keto recipes seaweed ⭐️how to keto recipes seaweed for Dr. Anthony Gustin,
Lauren Ciccarelli37 Published Articles
Why are some keto followers obsessed with keto coffee? Learn how to make it and discover the energy-boosting properties of this popular drink.
Low-carb followers are likely to come across one staple drink when browsing for keto-friendly recipes: keto coffee.
keto recipes seaweed 👍how to keto recipes seaweed for But what is keto coffee?
keto recipes seaweed 🔴how to keto recipes seaweed for Along with fat bombs and low-carb versions of your favorite foods, adding fats like butter or coconut oil to your coffee has become a morning ritual for many on the keto diet.
Keto coffee, popularized as bulletproof coffee or butter coffee, can help boost your ketones and energy levels, and keep you satiated for longer.
If you’re not already on the keto coffee bandwagon, this guide will show you how to upgrade your morning cup of joe to support your keto goals.
As the keto diet became more popular, people started adding unsalted butter, coconut oil, or MCT oil as a convenient the 1 last update 2020/07/03 way to help raise blood ketones first thing in the morning.As the keto diet became more popular, people started adding unsalted butter, coconut oil, or MCT oil as a convenient way to help raise blood ketones first thing in the morning.
Here’s what’s in the 1 last update 2020/07/03 it:Here’s what’s in it:
#1. Caffeine From Coffee
Caffeine from sugary (and often artificially flavored) energy drinks are not only a no-no on keto, but they can also make you jittery, give you headaches, and lead you to blood sugar spikes[*].
But caffeine from natural sources like coffee or tea doesn’t contain any sugar or net carbs and[*]:
- It can boost your energy without the jitters
- It can increase focus and reduce brain fog
- It may improve your mood
- It may improve your physical performance
Coffee also contains antioxidants, essential B vitamins, and phytonutrients, which all work to keep your body healthy and fight off harmful free radical damage to your cells[*].
This may be why researchers found out that drinking 3-4 cups of coffee every day may be connected to a reduced risk of several conditions, including[*]:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s
- Metabolic conditions like obesity and type 2 diabetes
- Liver disease
Coffee can also help to suppress your hunger, which means you’ll eat fewer calories during the day and create a more significant deficit for weight loss.
Caffeine from coffee may bump up your metabolic rate, so you burn more calories at rest. The good news here is that this effortless weight loss attacks fat loss specifically, so you can keep your hard-earned muscles intact[*].
#2. Healthy Saturated Fats for Sustained Intermittent Fasting
keto recipes seaweed ☑how to keto recipes seaweed for Intermittent fasting, or only eating during a specified time during the day and abstaining from food during the other “off” hours, has been shown to[*]*]:
- Improve markers of stress resistance
- Lower inflammation and blood pressure
- Lead to healthier lipid levels
- Reduce your risk for cardiovascular disease, neurological disorders (such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s), and cancer
If you’re using high-fat keto coffee in the morning as a meal replacement for breakfast on an intermittent fasting schedule, these healthy fats will help you keep full for longer.
Commonly used fats that make for a keto-friendly coffee range from coconut oil or cacao butter (for a vegan version) to grass-fed butter and ghee. However, adding MCT oil is what sets keto coffee on a pedestal above the rest.
keto recipes seaweed 🔴how to keto recipes seaweed for #3. MCT Oil for Brain-Boosting Energy
MCT oil comes from pure medium-chain triglycerides extracted from coconut oil. However, you can’t use coconut oil in place of MCTs and hope to achieve the same health benefits.
While coconut oil contains around 55-65% of MCTs, extracted MCT oil is 100% MCTs.
MCTs are one of the best bioavailable sources of energy since your body doesn’t have to spend time processing these fats before they kick into the 1 last update 2020/07/03 high gear.MCTs are one of the best bioavailable sources of energy since your body doesn’t have to spend time processing these fats before they kick into high gear.
Not only are they quickly absorbed, but your body also turns MCTs into ketones immediately, fueling your body with a sustainable source of energy. You’re giving your body a boost of ketones — which helps you maintain ketosis — and your body never has a chance to store these calories as fat.
keto recipes seaweed 🔴how to keto recipes seaweed for Medium-chain triglycerides also provide additional health benefits that other fats can’t match, which makes them especially helpful for people following a ketogenic diet.
MCT oil can help you:
- Lose weight: MCTs can help you feel fuller for longer, and they have a thermogenic effect, which may help boost your metabolism and support your weight loss goals[*][*][*][*].
- Lower inflammation and improve gut health: The natural antibiotics in MCT oil help your gut get rid of harmful bacteria without harming the good bacteria. The result is an optimal pH balance, which leads to a healthy gut biome and improved digestion[*].
- Score better mental focus: MCTs can help sharpen your cognitive performance because your brain works best on fatty acids[*].
The only “wrong” time to sip on keto coffee is right before bedtime. Feel free to drink a keto coffee whenever you need a blast of energy or a quick way to reduce your appetite between meals, such as:
- In the morning, after you drink a full glass of water to hydrate beforehand.
- In the afternoon, when you need a brain boost to make it through the rest of your hectic day.
- During fasting, to reach your intermittent fasting goals without feeling famished and tempted to eat before your eating window starts.
- On the go. Keto coffee may not be the easiest beverage to whip up whether you’re rushing out the door or at the office. Make a batch and take it with you to drink as a pre- or post-workout pick-me-up.
Keto coffee will become a favorite addition to your keto meal plan. Even better, you probably already have most of the ingredients you’ll need to make this energy-boosting beverage.
The classic keto coffee recipe calls for:
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot black coffee
- 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1-2 tablespoons MCT oil or MCT oil powder
All you have to do is combine these ingredients using a frother or an immersion blender, whip it on low for a bit, and then up the speed to high for 30 seconds until it starts to get frothy like a latte.
To make the perfect cup of keto coffee, follow these few suggestions listed below.
Use Single-Origin, Light Roast Coffee
Single-origin means coffee beans sourced from one single producer, crop, or region in a specific country.
Arabica beans are less susceptible to mold and mycotoxins, which are allowed to be present in your for 1 last update 2020/07/03 coffee only at very low levels[*].Arabica beans are less susceptible to mold and mycotoxins, which are allowed to be present in your coffee only at very low levels[*].
Single-origin Arabica beans are a safer alternative because you can trace the source of your beans to local estate farms where they roast in small batches. You also get to experience a richer, deeper flavor profile specific to where those beans are grown.
Beans that are not single-origin are flown in from growing regions all over the world and then blended, roasted, packaged, and shipped globally. This not only increases the chances of picking up unfriendly mycotoxins, but it also makes for coffee that’s not as tasty as it could be.
Additionally, opting for a light roast is critical here. The longer that coffee beans are roasted, the more caffeine those beans lose. Light roast coffees contain the most caffeine and they’re usually less bitter, brighter, and better-tasting without any added sugar or coffee creamer.
How you brew your coffee is totally up to you: stick with your classic automatic coffee maker or check out an Aeropress, Chemex, or French press on Amazon, which all brew a delightful and smooth cup of coffee.
Add Grass-Fed Butter or Organic Coconut Oil
Unsalted grass-fed butter is the standard choice for keto coffee. If you prefer a vegan option, go for virgin or unrefined coconut oil, which is widely regarded as the best type of coconut oil for consuming. It’s extracted without the need for super high temperatures or chemicals that might erase all of its health benefits.
Use Liquid MCT Oil or MCT Oil Powder
To for 1 last update 2020/07/03 learn about the differences between these two keto supplements, check out this handy chart for a quick review:To learn about the differences between these two keto supplements, check out this handy chart for a quick review:
Make It Your Own With Optional Add-Ins
Use one or more of these to flavor your cup of keto coffee :
- Heavy cream or whipping cream
- Unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- Collagen peptides from collagen protein powder
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Maca powder
- Sugar-free cocoa powder
- Peppermint or almond extract
- Pure vanilla
- Keto-friendly sweeteners such as stevia, monk fruit, or erythritol
Try experimenting with your favorite flavors and you’ll be able to whip up a keto coffee in less than five minutes.
When you’re rushing in the morning and have no time to brew coffee, having a Perfect Keto Instant Keto Coffee pack in your pantry can be a life-saver.
keto recipes seaweed 👍how to keto recipes seaweed for It combines high-quality, spray-dried coffee beans (standardized to 60mg of caffeine) — with 10g of MCT oil powder from organic coconuts — to deliver an instant cup of delicious, keto-friendly coffee. The great news is that Perfect Keto products contain no fillers, additives, or chemicals.
keto recipes seaweed 👍how to keto recipes seaweed for Perfect Keto Instant Keto Coffee comes in three flavors:
- Unflavored: Brew with hot or cold water for tasty, high- quality coffee in seconds.
- Mocha: Enjoy a guilt-free mocha latte or cold brew wit this coffee that contains 100% organic, Ecuadorian cocoa powder and stevia.
- French Vanilla: With a hint of vanilla and stevia, this coffee makes for a perfectly sweet latte.
Add hot water for a steamy, relaxing cup of warmth and comfort or make it with cold water for an instant cold brew any time you need it.
For more keto-friendly morning drinks, have a look at these satisfying and comforting options: